16.6.15

4 Products to Avoid

I don't usually do negative beauty posts unless it's in a review, but I'm taking a step out of routine today. Amidst the countless number of beauty products in my bathroom, I have limited 4 beauty items which I haven't used in a while and wouldn't recommend buying.

 1. MUA Pro-Brow kit
This kit is okay for people who are just learning to fill in their brows, but after a while you'll need something that you can be a little more precise with. Also the highlighters are too dark to be used as highlighters for me specifically as I'm pale. I'll put information about a better eyebrow kit which is also cheap at the end of this post.

2. Collection Matt Foundation
I had high hopes for this foundation when I bought it because some Collection products are really good, however this isn't one of them. The shade is far too tan to be one of the lightest in the range. It also has a greasy and shiny finish; it's the furthest thing from matte I've ever seen. Also, it gets bulky in the creases and lines of the face which is really annoying and looks messy.

3. Lime Crime Lipstick
I've got no problem with this actual product but Lime Crime has a bad reputation, especially with the unprofessional behaviour of their founder.

4. Jelly Pong Pong Bronzer Duo
This duo is a bronzer and blusher duo, the issue is that they're both too bright, even in the smallest amounts. Fortunately I got this free from Clothes Show Live in Birmingham, so no money was wasted on it.

*Recommended Brow Kit*
This eyebrow kit from Collection was £3.99 in Boots and I'd definitely recommend it. The three powders are really smooth and apply super easy, and the clear brow mascara helps keep your brows neat after being filled in. I don't use a whole lot of product as my brows are naturally quite dark but need thickening out in some areas. 

x

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I try and avoid cheap foundations by brands like collection but use their eye products instead because they are really good :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I try to do the same but their eye products are so much better than everything else :) x

      Delete