13.4.15

Review : ELF HD Mattifying Cream Foundation

As most of you probably know, ELF cosmetics is shutting down so they're currently having a big clearance sale on their website and everything is £2 or less right now so you should definitely check it out!
Anyway, back when their clearance sale was 70% off I bought their HD mattifying cream foundation and have been using it for about a week now.

The shade I picked was porcelain as I always have difficulty colour matching foundation as I'm so pale and this turned out to be the best option for me.
The packaging is very simple, which I like, but unfortunately the writing has smudged on mine a little bit when I cleaned it.
When you open the pot you have a small mirror on the inner lid and the foundation itself. If you lift the foundation up there's an application sponge which is used for "on the go" but I prefer to use that regularly instead of a brush.
The product is extremely easy to apply and the coverage is a lot better than I had anticipated initially due to how inexpensive they were. I find the sponge easier to use when applying because when I've used a brush I've been left with stroke marks that annoyed me.
Above you can see how my skin looks before (left) and after (right) application. I did also apply a very light pressed powder from MUA which I have pictured below.
If this product is still available on their website I'd definitely recommend buying it before they sell out, if you don't end up liking it then you'll be losing less than £2 so it's worth a shot!
*i used this record for the background of the pictures in this post*
x

No comments:

Post a Comment